Yes that’s right! You heard me. I know you are probably surprised to hear that coming from me. For years we have been saying “Jacksonville has so much potential” or “Jacksonville is the Best Kept Secret”. We have moved from having potential to being on Fire! Steve Atkins with Southeast Group who is developing the Barnett and the Laura Street Trio spoke at our Rotary meeting last week and agrees and says we need to start owning our success.
There are so many exciting developments in the works downtown. It seems like lately something new is being announced weekly. Here is a list of a few that come to the top of my head:
- The Barnett will be completed by end of this year and has over 400 people on a wait list for apartments!
- The Laura Street Trio will be completed next year.
- The District just closed on the Land on the Southbank
- Vestcor has a waiting list for the Lofts at LaVilla and almost preleased for the Lofts at Monroe.
- Vystar is moving 1,200 people downtown.
- Developer buying the Berman Plaza II and converting it to a hotel
- Axis Hotels bought the Ambassador Hotel and will redevelop it and add residential
- Eugene Profit is converting the former Life of the South to a Hotel Indigo
- Shad Khan developing the Shipyards and Lot J
- And others I know about, but can’t yet announce!