My love of commercial real estate began in 1988 while attending the University of Georgia (Goooo Dawgs!). My major was marketing and I took an entry level commercial real estate course. One of the premier developers from Atlanta spoke to our class about building giant skyscrapers (this was the “Big 80’s”), and I was hooked! The next day I changed my major to real estate.
After college I was lucky enough to land a job with Barnett Bank. My career started managing the sale of foreclosed properties and then evolved into selling excess bank branches during the merger with NationsBank.
After the merger, I worked in Economic Development at the Cornerstone Regional Development Partnership (now JaxUSA Partnership). This was a very exciting job, and I was able to develop key relationships with top city officials and business community leaders.
In 2013, I joined Cushman & Wakefield after starting my brokerage career with Trammell Crow in 2003. I am still mystified by the art of the deal and get goose-bumps when I complete a transaction!
I am very involved in the community and hold leadership roles with the following:
- Rotary Club of Jacksonville - President
- Downtown Vision, Inc. (Jax BID) - Board of Directors and Executive Board Member
- JaxSports Council - Chairman’s Club, Battery Board and Business Development Committee Member
- JaxUSA Partnership - Business Recruitment Committee
- NAIOP NEFL - Past President and Board Member for 10 years
I’m honored to have received the following recognition:
- NAIOP Commercial Real Estate Development Association “Office Broker of the Year” 2014
- Jacksonville Business Journal’s “Women of Influence” 2012
- Jacksonville Business Journal’s “Top 40 under 40” 2005
- Commercial Real Estate Women (CREW) Jacksonville, founding member
- CoStar Power Broker since 2003
I live in Ortega with my husband Mark, son Henry, our dog Blue and cats Forrest and Bootsy
To learn more please view my Cushman & Wakefield profile.